Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Closing Tasks
- Users and User Groups
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Aico Announcements
Aico master currencies value set
Modified on Tue, 04 Apr 2023 at 12:45 PM
This article looks at how to view, maintain and use Aico master currencies value sets.
To view and maintain the Aico master currencies
Using custom value sets for currency
The Aico master currencies value set controls all the currencies available in the system. It should not be renamed. It controls what currencies can be linked to companies, and which currencies can be added to the currency amount groups.
Where possible, it should also be used as the value set linked to a header or row column to allow the user to select a currency when for example, making a posting. This is not mandatory.
You can have other currency value sets which contain a subset of the Aico master currencies where you may want to restrict the available currencies for a specific template.
How to view and maintain the Aico master currencies
To view and maintain the Aico master currencies follow the steps below:
- Open the Value sets tab (1) and select the Aico master currencies (2).
- The currency Value column should contain the 3-digit currency code (3) however the description column (4) does not have to and could contain a full name description such as "Euro" or "US Dollar".
- Add a new currency by adding a new row into the value set containing the new currency code (5).
- When adding a currency to a company, this is the list of currencies that are available.
- When adding a new currency to a Currency amount group, this again is the list of currencies available. For full instructions about currency amount groups, see this article.
- Where possible you should link this Aico master currencies value set to the currency headers or row columns as this will reduce the maintenance required when adding a new currency.
Using custom value sets for currencyIt is perfectly acceptable to use a custom currency value set against a header or row. However, these should always be a subset of the Aico master currencies. As well as adding any new currency to the Aico master currencies value set, you must remember to add it to each custom value set where it should be used. In the screenshot below the customer has three value sets for currency which are set against different templates.
You may have a slightly different setup and if you have older templates, you may have linked headers and row columns to a "custom" currency value set.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article