Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Import new journals from Excel
Modified on Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 10:07 AM
In Aico, you can create a new document directly by importing an Excel import sheet.
Import from Excel
1. In the main dashboard view, click the arrow on the Actions tab in the top left corner.
2. Select Import document from the drop-down list.
3. Click Choose file and select the file you want to upload.
4. Click Upload.
How to create the Excel upload
You can't upload any Excel spreadsheet to Aico, it must have the correct mappings to be read by our system. This is a very straightforward process. Simply export an existing journal that uses the same Aico document template you want to import, using the Export to Excel button, and overwrite any existing data to include the data you want as part of your upload. Then follow the instructions above to use it as an import sheet.
Aico will warn you if you are trying to upload data into headers or rows that are not editable.
When you import data, you may get a warning pop-up with additional information about fields into which data cannot be imported from excel. These are fields set by Aico that allows the system to read the data you are importing. If you do put data in these fields, the upload will still go ahead, but these fields will be ignored.
In the below example, you cannot change the Approver 1 field, or Created At, Creator, Creator Required Details, Autoreversal, Split or Period. If you have changed this data, the upload will ignore it.
If the Excel spreadsheet contains invalid data, data that is not in the correct format, or contains data that you are not allowed to import, you will get an explanatory error message like the one below.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article