Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Closing Tasks
- Users and User Groups
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Aico Announcements
The five main closing tasks
Modified on Fri, 18 Nov 2022 at 11:33 AM
You will typically work on five main closing tasks within Aico.
- Manual - this is simply a task for a User to perform which does not necessarily have any action required in the ERP.
- Manual with proposed journal - this is a task which requires the User to create and post a month end journal and contains information relating to that journal such as the proposed posting date, name, document type or even which accounts to post to.
- ERP report - this is a task for a User to perform which is supported by a report automatically created from the ERP and attached the to the task.
- ERP report with proposed journal - this is a task where the ERP report is run and then a journal is proposed from the data in the report e.g. move the closing balance of this account from A to B.
- ERP report with automatic journal - this is the same as above except, rather than propose a journal, it will will create and post the journal automatically.
The header fields on the left-hand side of each document usually contain similar key information about the task, such as the Company Code, due date and the description.
The left-hand panel contains key information about the task.
The document also contains details of the assigned preparers and approvers and when they are due to complete their actions in the closing workflow.
Depending on your system configuration, you may also be able to add short instructions, attach a file containing instructions (in Word, PDF, and Excel format), or a link to a URL address where the instructions can be found.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article