Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Companies in Automation manager
Modified on Mon, 03 Apr 2023 at 03:09 PM
Companies must be added to both System Manager and Automation Manager to be used for all functions of Aico. Note that Automation manager is only used for automated tasks such as Account Reconciliations and Closing Tasks. This article shows how to set up companies in Automation manager.
In Automation Manager, it is not possible to copy companies. However, they have far fewer settings than in System manager and are simple to set up from new each time.
- New or New Company
- Input the Company Code.
- Add a Company Name where the naming convention is “Company Code – Company name”.
- Leave the Division empty, it is not typically used.
- Select the appropriate Country. This will automatically create a country tag for the company
- Add further tags where used.
- Select the Holiday Calendar. This is often a shared global holiday calendar linked to the country of the headquarters, but this might be different in your company. Learn more about holiday calendars here.
- If you are using custom calendars to support non-calendar fiscal years, select the Custom Calendar associated with the respective company. Learn more about custom calendars here.
- Select the time zone for the company. The time zone determines the due date and time calculations for the preparer and approver roles.
- Select the timetable, for example, EMEA, APAC etc. The timetable determines the time zone of the automation schedule group start and end times. Learn more about timetables and schedule groups here.
- Connect the processes which are associated with the respective company codes. Learn more about processes here.
Set any attributes. These will be specific to your company, but have been used to support concepts like posting period variants and controlling areas which may be unique for that company.
Typically, these attributes are used as inputs for ERP programs that Automation manager needs to understand and automatically appear as smart tags.
Connect the new company to the correct SAP Integration.
- Admin Tools
- Select the integration to which you want to connect the company.
- Select your new company
- Press Save
More information on Setting up companies in System manager can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article