How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
Modified on Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 02:05 PM
Create a new Master Template for a Recurring Master (Allocate)
A recurring allocation allows you to enter a base amount and spread this across a defined period. For example, a rent invoice for 100 000 € which should be allocated monthly between the 15th of January and the 21st of September.
In the top left-hand corner, select Actions and New document. This will open a blank template.
First, choose the Company Code.
Then select the Allocate template you need. We will use the SAP Recurring master (Allocate) for this example.
Complete the mandatory data in the Header area. Mandatory fields are denoted with an asterisk *.
In the Allocation Details section, complete:
Base Amount: Enter the base amount.
Allocation Start Date: Select the date when the allocation period starts.Frequency: Select how frequently the journals are created:
- Monthly - the duplicate will begin on a monthly basis from the date selected
- Quarterly - the quarters will begin from the first date in the series. This does not have to be months one, three, nine and 12, but any you choose
- Annually - again, this series will repeat on the same day each year as you chose, rather than a key date like the start of the new tax year
Allocation Method: Select the allocation method. The following options are available:
- Spread by days - Aico determines the total number of days between the start and end dates and divides the base amount by the total number of days and then calculates the total depending on the number of days in each month in the journal series. If you select this option, you do not select the number of recurrences, only the end date.
- Spread evenly - the base amount will be divided equally between the number of recurrences. If you select this option in the Allocation Method field, you can't set an end date, only a number of recurrences.
Number of Recurrences: Specify the number of recurrences you want.
Allocation End Date: Select the date when the allocation period ends.
The master template contains the details of the journal series and links to each created journal. Each journal contains a link back to the master template.
You can transfer journals from the recurrence master template. The master template itself will never be transferred.
In the right-hand panel Linked Documents, there are now the three individual recurring journal entries:
1. The Posting Date is the same day each month.
2. The Document amount could vary each month based on the allocation method selected.
3. None have been posted yet, and so are in the Created phase of the Workflow Status.
You can click on the Aico Document ID in blue to see each individual journal.
Making changes to the recurrence
If you have made an error or need to change something and recreate the journals, make the changes required to the master template, then press the Create Journals button again.
This will delete all unposted journals and recreate them as per your new specifications.
If any journals from the series have been posted, you cannot delete the posted documents or the master document.
Tip:If the master template and associated journals are already in the Completed Status, you will need to return the master to the Creator. This will cancel the transfer on all unposted journals and allow you to edit the master and re-create new journals.