Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Managing PDFs
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Preparer and Approver workflow settings
Modified on Fri, 10 Feb 2023 at 11:04 AM
This article will talk you through the settings for the Preparer and Approver workflow settings shown in the image below.
Preparer workflow settings
1. Primary Preparer - Enter the name of the Primary User or User Group who is responsible for this task. This can be either an individual user or user group but not both. It's important to note that, for all automated tasks, the preparer is a mandatory setting as Automation manager is the creator and must have the next role to send the task to.
2. Backup Preparer - If required, enter the name of an individual user or user group who will be responsible for the task if the Primary User is not valid.
Next set the due date and time for the role. For this to be calculated all the values 3 to 6 must be set.
3. Day Type - This can be Work Day or Calendar Day. Setting the Day Type to Work day (as in the image above) means that Automation manager will consider the holidays that you have set in the holiday calendar linked to the company when generating the task.
Setting the Day Type to Calendar Day means that Automation manager will set that exact day ignoring the holiday calendar. For example, Calendar Day 15 will mean the 15th January or 15th February and so on.
Please note that the Day Type is only set here, and not in the other Approver sections. This is because the Day Type applies to the whole task and you cannot mix Day Types between the roles of Preparer and Approver.
4. Due Day Preparer - the day that the associated Role should complete this task.
5. Due Month Preparer - choose from the drop-down menu the month that the associated role should complete this task.
Current month means the month that is being closed.
Next month means the month after the one that is being closed. e.g. If you are generating the tasks for Period 9 then the current month is September and the Next month is October. Therefore Workday 2 of next month means the second working day of October and Workday -1 of the current period means the last working day of September.
6. Due Time Preparer - This refers to the time that the associated role should complete this task. The times are linked to the time zone of the company and not the schedule group attached to the task.
It is important to understand that these are the times that the user is expected to complete their roles in the workflow. It has no relationship with the schedule group start and end time which refers to the automation timings and not the user action.
Approver workflow settings
These are set in exactly the same way as the Preparer with the exception that theday type is only set in the Preparer workflow settings and will apply to all other roles.
Aico supports up to 3 levels of approval plus a Handler role. However, if your organisation does not use these roles they will be hidden.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article