Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Managing tax codes
Modified on Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 03:17 PM
Tax codes are set up in two places.
1. System Manager - Value sets
The tax code value set simply presents the available tax codes to the end user in the Journal template.
2. System Manager - Tax Codes
The Tax Codes tab in System manager is used by the ERP Tax calculation and defines whether the tax code is Gross or Net etc.
This article shows how tax codes are maintained in System manager - Tax Codes.
Setting up a tax code
Tax codes are used differently depending on the ERP system you are using.
Aico has its own tax calculation task which can add tax rows based on the tax code set-up. When using Aico's tax calculation then the percentage and tax accounts set in the tax codes are mandatory. However, if you are using, for example, the SAP tax calculation, then the percentage and tax account are read directly from SAP itself.
Tax codes can be set up individually from the Tax Codes tab or by mass import.
To add a single Tax code:
1. Go to the Tax Codes tab
2. Scroll to the very bottom and press the New VAT Code button.
3. You can remove or edit existing tax codes using the icons at the end of each row.
A new page will appear. Add the company for which this tax code will be applicable. Enter the VAT code, Name, Percentage and select the Gross VAT type. The Tax code must also have a validity date. We recommend using 31/12/9999 as the Valid To value.
The fields shown in red are mandatory for all ERP tax calculations.
After the data is entered, press the Save button.
Mass Export/Import of tax codes
It’s easier to do bulk changes in tax codes through mass import.
1. Go to the Export/Import dialogue at the bottom of the Tax codes page. Press Export, this will download a new excel file that will contain all the tax codes set in the system.
3. If you want to delete a tax code, enter TRUE in the A column, entitled "Remove".
4. If you’re adding a new tax code, leave column B, the ID column, empty.
You can then re-import the file by first choosing the file and the press Import as above.
This article shows how tax codes are maintained in System manager - Tax Codes. To read about how they are set up in Value sets, click here. Tax code value sets are set up no differently to other value maintained value sets and you can learn about it here
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article