Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Manage user groups
Modified on Fri, 25 Nov 2022 at 11:18 AM
In Aico, users with identical user rights can form a user group.
When you create a user group, you will assign roles to that group. Once you have given the user group roles, you join individual users to the user groups. These users will then automatically inherit those roles.
Create the user group
To create a user group, follow the steps below:
1. On the Users tab, click New User Group in the top left of the page.
2. In the New User Group view, fill out the following data:
- Account Name: Name of the user group.
- Full Name: Full name of the user group.
- Email: User group's e-mail address. All notifications are sent to this email address.
- External ID: An external ID, if used by the company.
- Date Input Format: Not applicable for user groups.
- Active: If you select Yes, the user group can be assigned tasks in the workflow. If you select No, the user group can't be selected in any of the workflows.
- Workflow Selectable: If you select Yes, the User group will be selectable in the workflow. If you select No, the User group can still be used as a template to assign or remove roles from groups of Users but they will not appear in the workflow as a selectable preparer/approver etc.
3. Click Create.
Add roles to the user group.
Roles are assigned to the user group in the same way as to an individual user (see manage user roles). When a User is added to a user group they will automatically inherit the rights of the group. An individual user can be a member of multiple user groups.
Link users to the user group.
Add the Users to the User group with the Add Users button they will inherit the roles set for the group.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article