Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Managing PDFs
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
How to manage user access
Modified on Mon, 07 Aug 2023 at 11:30 AM
First, you will need to create a new user in Automation manager. Go to:
3. New (on the next screen)
You will then be navigated to a new (below) screen.
Enter all the necessary details (1) and click Save (2).
There are two ways you can manage the roles of this new user:
You can press Roles on the screen that immediately follows when you Save the new user:
Or, if you wish to return to the user roles to amend at a later date:
3. Roles (for the specific user).
Once you click Roles, you will be navigated to the below screen.
You can then apply filters to show only certain companies or companies linked to a specific country or process.
How to add roles to the user
Before you have connected a user to any roles, the screen will look as below.
Tick Show All to see all companies and to see if the user has been set as the Main user or not.
If the user is already set up when you come to this page, you will see the companies they are the main user for.
Tick Show All to reveal all possible companies. You can then assign them to other companies they are not connected to by ticking the corresponding box, as below.
You can tick Main user for the company if needed, which will allow the user to start/edit the task parameters within the selected process for the specific company. Once you've added the Main user role to all the necessary companies and processes, click Save.
Now you can go to the specific user roles, as below:
The roles the user is connected to are visible:
The main user role for the company and process will also allow the user to create a new task template for the process and company combination.
Copying roles from one user to another
After you have set up all the necessary roles for one user, you can copy them over to other users. This can be done in Automation manager by clicking:
3. Name (of a user you wish to add the roles to)
Once you click on a user's name, you will be directed to the below screen:
1. In the Copy roles from user field, select the user you wish to copy roles from.
2. Save your changes to copy the role.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article