Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
SAP Variants (Advanced)
Modified on Tue, 15 Aug 2023 at 10:33 AM
The previous article talked about how to set up a variant in SAP that can be read by the SAP program task type in Aico.
This article will focus on more advanced topics and some special case behaviour that we have experienced in SAP.
Asset History sheet special handling.
We have seen some unique behaviour in the Asset history sheet report (S_ALR_87011990) which is commonly used by Aico customers.
Report date: SAP sets a default date in the Report date value of the last day of the current year, which can cause some problems when Aico is trying to run this program. It is recommended that this field is set to Save field without values.
SO_DEAKT (Deactivation date): is a (usually hidden) field in which SAP sets an unexpected value and this again should be set to Save without values to ensure that this is cleared before Aico runs the program.
GL Account Balances Report S_ALR_87012301:
This program does not seem to run correctly if you set a user-defined layout in the variant, but it is fine if you select a shared layout. In the image below the lower layout does not work.
KSU5, KEU5, KSV5 assessment cycle programs.
We have found that you need to call up the full program name for these assessment cycle programs rather than use the T-codes for Aico to be able to run these.
KSU5 = RKGALKSU5
KEU5 = RKGALKEU5
KSV5 = RKGALKSV5
The way you set these up is to go into your SAP and run T-code SE38.
There you enter the program name, RKGALKSU5 for example, and set the Variants radio button, then press Execute.
You can then enter parameters (1) and save a variant (2), as seen below.
When you then get to Aico you call the program name RKGALKSU5 etc. and set the variant that you saved in the same way as you do with a T-code. You can then use Aico smart tags etc. in the normal way.
Maximum No. of Hits
You will find this parameter in a few SAP reports.
Aico does not like this parameter when you set a value over 999. SAP seems to add a dot in the middle of the number and Aico then no longer recognises this as a number. Our advice here is to leave this empty in the SAP variant and rely on your other settings to return a reasonable number of results.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article