Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Managing PDFs
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
How to attach a file from a file share to a closing task
Modified on Mon, 24 Jul 2023 at 10:31 AM
The article below shows you how to attach a file from a file share to a closing task. Please note, the technical integration and the Aico document template will have been set up by your Delivery team and could have slight differences to the description below.
Aico closing tasks are able to import and attach a file of any type to a closing task. This feature was added in 23.1, so you will not be able to do this in earlier versions of Aico.
This feature was created as you will most likely run monthly reports from your ERP and other external systems and extract data in many different formats, such as PDF, XML, XLSX, and CSV, which are not necessarily from the supported of ERPs of SAP and EBS.
You will save these files into an agreed location (e.g. SFTP or your file upload area of Aico itself) from where Aico would pick these up and read them into the respective closing tasks.
There is an additional capability where the file format is XLSX or CSV. Aico can then use an import template on the task to read data from those reports. This is dealt with in the following article: Creating a journal from an excel report.
Setting up the Automation manager task
The task is set up using the Manual workflow task type and all the basic settings are the same as for all other manual tasks. Read this article to find out how to set up a manual task.
Once your manual task is set up, follow the steps below:
1. Set your new Aico document template in the task.
2. This will make the Aico document headers appear and you can set the report name.
The resulting document will look similar to the below image. The report name is set from the Automation manager tasks, but the formula takes the full file name in the Import Filename header. This is then the name of the file retrieved.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article