Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Using a group to set an approval limit
Modified on Mon, 17 Apr 2023 at 02:28 PM
This article provides details about how user approval limits are managed in Aico.
These are different to the number of approvers required for a document because here we are concerned with individual end users being given the right to approve a document up to a certain value.
Setting up approval limits
Approval limits are set up in several areas. On the document template, you can set a default limit which all approvers are given by default. That, for example, by default, all approvers can approve up to 75,000 GPB and Euros and 90,000 USD.
In the Groups tab, create a group (1) which will be the default group for all users and set the amounts by currency.
Assign that default group to the document template for the approvers 1, 2 or 3.
Add a header field called Approval Limit "approvalLimit" to the document template and use a formula to determine the header you want it to check for example =documentAmount or =ROWSUM("debit").
Note that the approval limits set up are hardcoded to use the currency set in the "currencyCode" header. It is not currently configurable to consider a currency from another named header.
Next, create more approver limit groups which you want to assign to different users, for example, Approvals up to 100,000.
Assign the higher groups to individual users.
In this example, all users have the default 75,000, however, for journals above 75,000 (up to 100,000) a specific user will be able to approve these, and all other users will be removed from the list of possible approvers.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article