Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Managing PDFs
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
How to create and submit a new document
Modified on Thu, 17 Nov 2022 at 02:36 PM
Wherever you are in Aico, you can create a new document. This article will show you how to create and submit a new document.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Creating a new document
1. On the top left-hand side of the screen, you will see an Actions tab. Click on the down arrow, or hover over the tab.
2. Select New document from the drop-down list.
This will open a blank document. To create your new document, you need to work through the options from the left-hand panel.
3. First, select your company from the Company Code drop-down list.
4. Choose the document type from the Document template drop-down list.
5. Fill out the required data depending on your selected document template. Fields marked with an * are mandatory. These will be set up as per your company settings.
6. Click on the plus signs in the middle panel to add any required comments and/or attachments.
7. Click Validate to check if all required data is filled out correctly.
If you have not completed a mandatory field, the relevant line will be highlighted.
If there is missing or invalid data, you will be given more information across the top of the screen in a yellow bar.
Complete the fields as requested and press Validate again.
Submitting the document
Once the validation has been completed successfully, you can submit your document by pressing the Submit button.
If you are not ready to submit your document, you can perform a number of other actions on the document by clicking the relevant button across the top of your document.
These actions include:
- Save as draft - only the creator can see and edit a draft and it is unavailable to other users in Aico.
- Save - creates a document. This generates a unique reference number for the document and means other Aico Users can see and edit the document if authorised.
- Assign to - assigns the document to another user at the same level in the workflow e.g. Creator to another Creator.
- Submit - sends the document forward in the workflow e.g. Creator to Approver.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article