Getting started with Aico
- Logging into Aico for the First Time
- Creating your first journal
- Creating your first request
- Creating your first payment
- Creating your first Intercompany Invoice
- Working with Closing Tasks
Working with Journals
- An overview of Aico journals
- How to create a manual journal
- Create a journal by copying existing journals
- Import new journals from Excel
- How to import multiple journals from one Excel spreadsheet
- What are recurring journal entries?
- How to create Recurring Duplicate Journal entries
- How to create Recurring Allocation journal entries
- Create recurring journals with automatic reversals
- Reversing documents
- Import data to existing journals
- Export journals to e-binder
- Working with Reconciliations
- Basic settings in Aico documents
- Excel Support
- An overview of Aico Dashboards and Lists
- How to use lists in Aico
- How to use dashboards in Aico
- How to use charts in a dashboard
- Dashboards: Advanced Settings
- Manual closing tasks
Users and User Groups
- Overview of Users and User Groups
- Add user accounts
- Edit user account data
- Manage user groups
- Manage user roles
- Copying roles at the company level
- Copy user roles from individual users
- Create a user report
- Manage administrative user rights
- Super user mode
- Additional super user global admin rights
- User and User group export and import
- Value sets
- Currency Amount Groups
- Mail notifications
- Tax codes
- Users and User Groups
- Introducing Automation Manager
- Core Set Up
- Introducing task templates
- Creating task template details
- The Aico Document
- Aico document headers
- Preparer and Approver workflow settings
- Overriding parameters at a company level
- Master data export and import
- Set a custom schedule
- Dependent tasks in Aico
- How to use Smart tags in Aico
- How to add an attachment to a task template
- How to create a preparer start time
- Task Generation
- Administrative tasks
- Release notes
- Maintenance Schedule
- Support Alerts
Companies in System Manager
Modified on Mon, 03 Apr 2023 at 03:10 PM
Companies must be added to both System Manager and Automation Manager to be used for all functions of Aico. Note that Automation manager is only used for Account Reconciliations and Closing Tasks. This article shows how to set up companies in System manager.
The simplest way to set up a new company in System Manager is by copying an existing one. This will then automatically set up all the value sets, their links to the document templates as well as the integrations for those templates.
From the System Manager main menu select Companies (1) and then select an existing company (2) connected to the same ERP integration as the Company you want to create. Then press Copy Company (3).
This will now open up a dialogue box which is designed to create the required new company-specific value sets for the new Company.
1. Enter the Company Code and Company Name. The naming convention for Company names is “Company Code – Company name”.
2. The new Company requires Company specific value sets for Accounts, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Trading Partners, etc.
3. Where the value sets are being populated directly from the ERP, you need to create a new value set and not copy the values from the company being copied. Where the value sets are manually maintained, you can decide on a case-by-case basis what is the best copying option.
Aico will automatically create the new Value sets and associate them with the templates.
Go to the Value Sets tab and you will see new Value sets for Account, Cost Center, Profit Center etc.
4. Copy User Roles. If the Users for the new company are the same as for the one you are copying, set Copy User roles to Yes and this will set up the associated User rights.
5. Copy Tax Codes. If the company you are copying is in the same tax jurisdiction (typically country) then set this to Yes. The new company will then use the same tax codes as the original company and no further set-up is required.
Once the new company has been created, you may need to update several individual elements.
Pay particular attention to:
- Country code
- Home currency
Next review and update the company attributes. These are always specific to your company and can include attributes such as:
- ERP system name
- Approver group names
These should all be linked directly to that company code.
Setting up companies in Automation manager can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article